The 5 AM Club
Title: The 5 AM Club
Author: Robin Sharma
Publisher: Jaico Books
Pages: 312 Pages
Difficulty Level: Easy
The 5 AM Club: Book Review
Do you feel trouble getting up in the morning? You must have tried many ways with which you push yourself to wake up every day and yet remain short of the finish line. Maybe you can do it for 3-4 days but then again, go back to your old regime. The incredible book 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma is here to solve your problems.
The main message of the 5 AM Club is to allow the readers to modify various elements in their daily schedule that increase the chances of waking up in the morning and improve their lifestyle. The book targets the dos and don’t before sleeping and provides scientific explanations for the same. I sincerely respect the author, who has provided all the scientific details necessary. I feel it is a great plus for the book, especially how the facts get built into a story for a more comfortable explanation to the readers.
There are many recommendations in the 5 AM Club that you can adopt during your active hours, and I sincerely feel it will help you amplify your results. There are tips on improving health, having a perfect morning routine, devoting time to contemplating the future, and many more. I personally have begun using some of them. They are not strenuous activities, but they are challenging to maintain. One such is the habit of writing a journal every day.
Join our Mailing list!
There is a detailed explanation of the benefits of writing a journal, and indeed it is advantageous, but it will take time to get into this habit. Such struggles will be more evident when you read the whole book and find other suggestions. They will be helpful but are definitely challenging, and maybe that is the cost of self-improvement.
The book is a great guide for self education. The author has promoted a habit of in-depth learning along with the importance of giving attention to detail. It is a wonderful book designed to raise your standards.
There are some shortcomings of this book too, but they are not powerful enough to reduce 5 AM Club’s value. One of them is the time it takes to build up the plot. There is chapter after chapter till you find the good stuff. It was brought to my notice by some of my peers to whom I suggested this book, and after some rational thinking, I realized it to be true.
Sometimes there is too much story; and not enough knowledge between the chapters, which also sucks the juice often.
I would prefer to add a disclaimer before ending this book. When you pick up 5 AM Club, read it with an open mind. Many of my peers have not liked the book, which is fine.
Every book will not resonate with everyone. Like them, you’ll also have some reservations about a particular idea, and it is absolutely acceptable. But before dismissing a suggestion, whether it will work or not, do give it a proper thought.
The 5 AM Club: Book Summary
- Develop the habit of waking up early.
- Find extra time in your day to get more things done.
- Learn the habits necessary for overall growth.
Who Should Read It?
If you are trying to develop the habit of waking up and find more time to do your things, you should read this book. Along with the above mentioned tips, there are other guidance which can promote a better overall living.
Find Our Book Review Interesting? Check Out More
The 5 AM Club: Top Quotes
- Victims have big TVs. Leaders own large libraries.
- Sweat more in practice, bleed less in war.
- Failure’s just growth in wolf’s clothing.
The 5 AM Club Notes
1. Morning Motivation Statement
2. The 3 Step Success Formula 🏎️
For getting a better success rate you can follow the 3-step formula:
- Dedicate time in learning things in which you you want to build your career. Gain as much knowledge as possible and connect with people in similar field.
- When you learn more, you begin to build a better picture and take better decision for your project.
- The better the actions, the greater is your income source which is the ultimate goal.
3. The Lifetime Habit Arc ⏳
Follow the steps for learning a habit
- Create A Trigger: Use a trigger which signifies the initiation of any habit. Setting of alarm for waking up early, doing meditation before any creative activity is among them.
- Perform The Ritual: Do the work, with high focus and energy and for a dedicated time only.
- The Reward: Reward yourself with some kind of activity that lighten up the brain. It could be playing game, or eating your favourite snack.
- The Repetition: Repeat the activity until it becomes a habit.